Wednesday 1 August 2012

New Movie The Vow


New Movie The Vow



I’ll admit it when I first saw the trailer for ‘The Vow’ and I saw Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams frolicking around I thought ‘I’m definitely going to be seeing that’. So, I did and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I loved it… all of its sadness and joy… all-in-all it was a great film. I can too, however, tell you that it’s nothing like the book.





‘The real Vow’ is the story of Kim and Krickett, who found love in the strangest of ways and took it very seriously. It’s a story of how they found Christ then found themselves, and the history of how their 4 month marriage survived a car wreck through their ever-loving faith. Kim and Krickett had just been married and were on their way to visit the family for thanksgiving when they were in a terrible car wreck on the way. Kim and Krickett were both injured, and came out alive. Krickett however survived with brain damage that altered her memory, which made her have no recollection of her marriage, her husband, or the last couple months of her life.



The movie version is a bit different, but just as good in so many ways. Movie version is the story of Leo and Paige who are two young adults trying to make it in the big city of Chicago. Leo and Paige had been married for 5 years when they went out to the movies one snowy night, and got hit by a truck. Paige (Rachel McAdams) has memory loss and forgets that she’s married, forgets that she’s an artist, and forgets all of her family drama. Going back to being a sweater vest wearing, uptight, law school student, still in love with her ex- fiancĂ© Jeremy (Scott Speedman). Forcing her Hubby (Channing Tatum) to win back her love.

The movie is a tear jerker and I loved it… but please do me a favor and read the book. I love it for so many other reasons. The book and the movie are both equally amazing in their own ways, but this is one of those books that you have to read you can’t just see the movie to get the story because you won’t. You will get a story, but it’s not the real story of the vow.









Oh! And… I almost forgot! There’s a butt shot of Channing Tatum… that alone, is worth the $0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment